SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 3 November 2017

22 Things I Love About Life

Tracey Jazmin Photography
Today I turn 22 years old. Or should I say young. Just barely scraping my twenties, I don't think I've learned enough to write a post about the 'wisdom' I've acquired thus far. Funny how the older we get, the more we are likely to admit we have no idea what we're doing.

When I was 15 I thought I had it all together, and I appreciate the space where I'm at right now that allows me to be honest with myself about my naiveté. Life is beautiful and mysterious. Unpredictable and full of tiny delights.

I long for the days of my childhood when jumping in the leaves were the event of the season...how time stood still when my friends and I would roam the neighbourhood.

I love the life that God has blessed me with, and though it's been far from perfect, I'm forever thankful for the person I have become through the high and low points of my life.

Like I said when I began this blog, I'm navigating an in-between time in my life that feels a lot like pausing the movie while it somehow continues playing in the background.

Trust the process.

So, instead of me writing about all the advice that I don't have to give right now in my tender age (haha), let me talk about the things I know and love about life so far!

1. My Husband

Tracey Jazmin Photography

Every girl dreams of being a princess, and it is my honour to love and be loved by a man like my husband. I never saw him coming, but knowing what I know now, I couldn't imagine a more perfect mate for me. The right person is WORTH the wait. I promise you.

Marry your best friend and let him out of the friendzone for goodness sake! ;)

2. Cheese

Anyone reading this who knows me is chuckling right now, because they know that I'm lactose intolerant. So maybe this classifies as a love/hate thing where my heart and soul is telling me yes but my body is telling me NOPE. Cheese is v delicious. I will eat it anyways. So there.

3. The Smell of Burning Wood

Source
You know the smell. There's just something about it that is so comforting and home-like. I've never had a wood fireplace nor spent a lot of time where there was one, but the scent just resonates with me. 

4. Watching a Baby Discover the World

There's nothing more refreshing than watching a baby discover things that we have long forgotten. Kids allow us to relive the simplicity of life (since our developed minds have betrayed us into thinking it's complicated). Our close friends have a little girl that just learned how to wave last week and she is SO proud of herself. It's the little things. Watching her grow and learn something new every week has brought so much joy to my heart, and I'm so thankful I'm able to watch her discover the world. 

5. Waking up On Vacation

Source
The feeling of stillness. The permission to rest and enjoy the world around you. You're in a new place that you've been anticipating going to, and now you're here and get to decide how much (or how little) you will be doing today. 

6. Sunlight Coming through the Trees

The haze that sunlight gives through the leaves of the trees is so breathtaking to me. I love the golden hue that it gives everything surrounding that area. This also applies to the sun coming through one area of the clouds. It always reminds me about God's grace and how masterfully He created this beautiful earth. 

7. Holding Hands

Tracey Jazmin Photography
I've mentioned on my Instagram before how special this photo is to me. So simple yet represents so many things about Ricardo & I's relationship. Holding hands with someone special is so uncomplicated and easy, yet intimate. Like I said, it's the little things.

8. Connecting with Someone 

By this I don't necessarily mean romantically. I'm just talking about the feeling of deep connection that is felt between friends, old or new. It comes from conversations about the nitty gritty, the things we're passionate about, the things that hurt us. It's being vulnerable and being a safe person for someone to be vulnerable with. Do more of this. 

9. The Colour Pink

Source

Call me a girly girl but, yes, tis I. I spent quite a few of my teen and tween years fighting off the fact that I really do like girly things. I like flowers, I like tulle, I like sparkles and I certainly like diamonds. I didn't want to admit it to others or myself because I was scared of being too cookie-cutter, to much like everyone else that I wouldn't stand out to anyone (or any-HIM). Embrace what you like, you will always be uniquely you. 

10. Laughing

What a wonder. I love to laugh, I love to watch others laugh because then it makes me laugh. Joy makes people beautiful. Laughing puts you in a more positive state of mind, and doesn't the world need that?

11. Fuzzy Blankets

Source
Fuzzy blankets, chunky blankets. You name it, I want to be wrapped in it. God bless the person that invented blanket scarves...it just makes it socially acceptable for me to basically wear a blanket on my neck and call it fashion. Can we make staying in bed a fashion trend?

12. Having My Own Home

I've always dreamt of having my own home to decorate and take care of...and it really is as great as I had imagined it. I try and push the bill paying part out of my mind, though (haha). That's the only downside of the whole ordeal, but such is life. Decorating my house and making it into a home for my family has been a dream come true, and I can't wait to see all the houses I'll be able to decorate and redecorate in my life. 

13. Bubble Tea

Source
I used to hate it but now I'm living for it...especially the coconut sherbert, which I can only get periodically (lactose intolerant, I told you). Best believe I'm getting some today. 

14. Being Productive

I love feeling accomplished after a long day of hard work, or a few hours of getting many things done. Being productive makes me feel like I have my life in order, and that's always a nice feeling. I'm not the most ambitious person in the world, but I can certainly appreciate a job well done. 

15. The Excitement of Christmas

Source

This may be because my birthday is close to the holidays but I love the buzz that comes with this time of year. The magic of snow and the emphasis on family, loved ones and remembering the greatest gift that was Christ really gets to me. 

16. The Smell of Coconut

If it smells like coconut I probably want it. Body sprays, candles, lotions, soaps...there's something so refreshing about the scent. It reminds me of summer, warmth and vacation. Did I mention I like vacation?

17. Phở

Source
I think about food a lot. I'm not adventurous enough to call myself a foodie but food is very exciting to me, haha. I'm sure we can all relate, watching those Tasty videos when we're hungry to torture ourselves (just me?). 

18. Wearing an Outfit that Makes You Feel Confident

Feeling great and comfortable in what your wearing is such a nice feeling. Like you can take on the world one perfectly curated outfit at a time. 

19. Daytime Naps

Source

I love being able to take a nap during the day. I love waking up and realizing there's more day left to live. For some reason I find napping in the sunlight 1000x more satisfying than sleeping at night.  

20. Singing

I used to love singing alone a lot...but ever since singing on the choir at church I've fallen in love with singing as a group instead. I appreciate the uniqueness of each voice and what they can offer to the overall sound of the team. Singing in harmony is the most beautiful sound in the world.

21. The Feeling of Hope & Anticipation for the Future

Source
The things yet to come. The excitement of finding out how my life will unfold. The knowledge that all things will work out for good. Looking forward to meeting my future kids on day and teaching them to think of the things that they love. Life is a beautiful thing. 

22. My Relationship with God

Did you think I'd forgotten? The only reason I can be positive in my life through the ups and downs and the uncertain in-betweens is because of this. He gave everything for me and it's only by His grace and mercy that I live to see another day, let alone 22 years. 

If there was a song that encompassed my life thus far it would be a song by Tauren Wells called Hills & Valleys

No matter what I have, Your grace is enough. 

By this I live, I love the life that I've had the privilege to live for 22 years.







2 comments :