SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 15 December 2017

Songs for Any Situation (That you Need to know!)



I love music. Since I was a little kid I loved to sing and dance. I loved hearing artists' creativity with lyrics and tempo...loved to hear the the amazing riffs and runs that musicians did (though to this day I barely understand any of it).

As I've gotten older and struggled to deepen my relationship with God through personal devotion, I found that the only thing that helped me feel close to Him was music. This shouldn't be at all surprising because God loves music... and He created us in a way that our souls are deeply moved by it.

So when I found myself feeling upset, lonely or full of anxiety, I turned to the comforting lull of song. I turned to music because some artists were able to put into words the prayers that I hadn't yet learned to pray myself.

Remember how in the How to Love an Introvert post I briefly mentioned how some introverts can be REALLY hard on themselves?  Well, that's me. And besides listening to music to find peace and comfort through stressful times, I also used it for encouragement. I used it to not feel so alone in my situation, and when I felt unforgivable.

Music has the power to do all this and more.
Music has the power to connect you closer to God (or further from Him).
Music has the power to bring you to a place where God can heal you of whatever it is in your life.

So today I want to share with you some of the songs that have helped me through hard times in my life, and I hope they speak to you like they spoke to me.

Fear & Anxiety

1. Safe in Your Arms - Searchlights 
2. Trust in You - Anthony Brown & Group therAPy
3. You Make Me Brave - Bethel Music & Amanda Cook
4. Fighting for Me - Anthony Evans
5. When the Waters Rise - Casey Darnell
6. Hold Me Still - Forever JONES
7. Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) - Hillsong UNITED
8. Put it on the Altar - Jessica Reedy
9. True Security - Trip Lee

Feeling Unloved/Worthless

1. The Way That You Love me - Jonathan McReynolds
2. Letting Go - Anthony Evans
3. Good, Good Father - Chris Tomlin
4. Enough - BarlowGirl
5. Little is Much - Downhere
6. Love Medley - God's Chosen 
7. Beautiful - Group 1 Crew
8. Love Has a Name - Jesus Culture
9. I Am Loved - Above the Golden State
10. More than Useless - Relient K
11. Unashamed - Starfield
12. Known - Tauren Wells
13. Great is Your Love - The Walls Group

Feeling Lost/Needing Direction

1. Believe (Waiting for An Answer) - The Afters
2. Can't Let Go - Json
3. Wait - Anthony Evans
4. Trust in You - Lauren Daigle
5. Only Jesus - The Mckains
6. You Waited - Travis Greene

Feeling Broken

1. Every Moment - Forever JONES
2. Restore Me - Anthony Evans
3. My Joy - Json
4. Hills & Valleys - Tauren Wells
5. Behind the Clouds - Json
6. Broken Hallelujah - The Afters
7. I'll Find You - Lecrae ft. Tori Kelly
8. Bring the Rain - MercyMe
9. When I Go Down - Relient K
10. Hold Me Together - Royal Tailor
11. In the Middle - Isaac Carree
12. I Need You Now - Smokie Norful
13. Hold My Heart - Tenth Avenue North
14. Shipwreck - Starfield
15. Healing Begins - Tenth Avenue North

Needing Faith

1. Everytime - Anthony Brown & Group therAPy
2. Ask - Anthony Evans
3. Do It Again - Elevation Worship
4. Expectation - James Fortune & FIYA
5. Never Fail - Anthony Evans
6. Speak the Name - Koryn Hawthorne
7. Overcomer - Mandisa
8. Something to Say - Starfield
9. Made A Way - Travis Greene

Feeling Alone

1. Silence - Anthony Evans
2. Come Home - Gene Moore
3. I Trust You - James Fortune & FIYA
4. From Where You Are - Lifehouse
5. Remain - Royal Tailor

Feeling Unforgivable

1. No Condemnation - Anthony Evans
2. Divine Exchange - Charity Gayle
3. Moving Forward - Israel Houghton
4. Identity - James Fortune & FIYA
5. Mercy Tree - Anthony Evans
6. Battlefield - KB
7. Used to Do It Too - Lecrae
8. Hope for Every Fallen Man - Relient K
9. Freedom Begins Here - Rush of Fools
10. Heart Surgery - Sherwin Gardner
11. Rediscover You - Starfield
12. You Are More - Tenth Avenue North
13. Make Me Over - The Walls Group
14. Free Indeed - Timothy Reddick
15. Face to Face - Marvin Sapp

Needing Encouragement

1. Now I See - Ashmont Hill
2. Striving - Dave Hollister
3. Surely Goodness - Israel Houghton
4. Always - James Champion
5. Won't He Do It - Koryn Hawthorne
6. Step Pon Di Enemy - Papa San (for my Jamaican friends!)
7. Winna Mon - Ron Kenoly (Again, JA!)









14 comments :

  1. I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this Carpet steam cleaning Redfern | Carpet cleaning Redfern | Carpet steam cleaning Neutral bay | Carpet cleaning Neutral bay | Carpet steam cleaning Manly that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the expert, I can assist. Together we can find the decision. tim oladeru

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool website. I liked the articles and particularly some of the comments posted.. Just stumbled upon your website while doing a Google search. Great info BTW. A shapely Agreeable A shapely. heal body

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent job. sleeping music

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I appreciate your input to this matter. It has been useful. my blog: how to get taller relaxing spa music

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?¦s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I’m hoping to give a contribution & aid other users like its helped me. Good job. soothing

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s good page, I was looking for something like this Meditation Music Video

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more issue is video games are typically serious as the name indicated with the main focus on studying rather than enjoyment. Although, it has an entertainment feature to keep your young ones engaged, every single game is generally designed to work towards a specific experience or programs, such as math or research. Thanks for your publication. instrumental music

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is noticeably a bundle comprehend this. I assume you’ve made certain nice points in functions also. morning music

    ReplyDelete
  10. great points altogether, you just won brand new reader. What would you suggest about your submit that you just made a few days in the past? Any certain? music with ocean waves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Music is surrounding us. There is no preventing the viability of getting music, so why not use it to influence our own feelings and upgrade our own current circumstances? Loosening up music, unwinding music, reflection music... call it what you will. tibetan meditation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music is the way into 1,000 feelings. We partner music with the spots we have been to, the occasions we have encountered, and individuals in our lives. Music is surrounding us. There is no preventing the viability of getting music, so why not use it to influence our own feelings and upgrade our own current circumstances? Loosening up music, unwinding music, reflection music... call it what you will. amazon forest

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regularly we are totally neglectful of the sounds floating out of those in-store speakers or the effect and show of an activity film soundtrack put in a vehicle advert. Music is an intricate language that can pass on any feeling or invoke a reaction from any crowd. Simultaneously music is basic and generally justifiable. 1080p hd

    ReplyDelete