SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 6 October 2017

Christmas & Birthday Wish List



My birthday and Christmas are relatively close together. Actually, my husband's birthday and Christmas are even closer together. Basically, November to January is the (financial) pits, haha. I'm kidding, but it does include more spending than the rest of the year.




I figured I'd combine my Christmas and birthday wish list (conveniently for my husband to find) and to maybe inspire you for the dreaded question: "What do you want for Christmas?" Am I the only one who is usually speechless for this? I always have to tell my friends and family "Let me get back to you", because I have to sit down and think about it. Truth is, God is a great provider, because I lack nothing. If He never gave me anything else in this world, He would have given me more than enough.

Think of this list as a November/December favourites that I haven't got yet ;)!

P.s. This list is in no particular order.

1. Hand Lettering 101

Chapters
I love hand lettering! Ever since I left high school my handwriting has steadily declined. This is mostly because I was able to use my computer for school, and stopped writing things by hand. I'd love to devote more time improving my handwriting, because words are so beautiful. Honestly I probably should have studied linguistics instead of social work. 

2. Zebra Mildliners

Amazon
This one relates to the first item on the wish list, but it's kind of a cheat because I already bought it for myself. In my defence, it was $7, and I was using it as a test for my glitch-ing credit card. See? All good. Anyways, if you don't know what mildliners are, go search it on YouTube or Pinterest! They're pastel coloured highlighters that are great for bullet journaling or for class notes. I'm not in school but I've been wanting them for years and just never got them. So, happy birthday to me!

3. HomeSense Gift Card


This is a given. I LOVE HomeSense. Trendy and affordable home decor is the best. I really have nothing else to say, this is a great gift idea for someone who likes decorating or needs something for their apartment. Plus, you can customize how much money is given which is perfect for any budget. 

4.  Slipper Booties

TU Clothing
These are great for the Canadian winter months. It's freezing here and you're anything like me, your extremities are near numb at all times. The pair of slipper booties I have now were breathing their last breath in March so, it's time for a new set. If you're a fellow Canadian, I usually pick these up at Ardene's for about $12-$15.

5. Motivational Water Bottle
Motivational Bottle


 My relationship with water is very, very bad. I have always 'hated' water. I have a small history of not drinking enough water and passing out. That being said, one of my goals for 2018 is to increase my water intake. I'd love to see what consistent and purposeful water-drinking would do to my acne prone skin, and my overall health. If this is you, maybe a motivational water bottle can be added to your wish list this season. 

6. Our Q&A a Day

Amazon
I've wanted this book for a very long time. Even the other book in this series that's just for one person. If you know me, you know I have a terrible memory. I like to say that it's because my mom had me a little later in life (43!) and that my memory is aging with hers, but truthfully, this area of my brain just doesn't work that great. That said, I often feel sad about forgetting memories that others remember or not being able to place a memory to a date or age that I was. Furthermore, I am TERRIBLE at keeping a journal. Trust me, I've tried 287 times to no avail. Maybe if the journaling wasn't so aimless and I had someone to do it with (I'm sure Ricardo is devastatingly excited...), I'd be able to keep it up. These first years of marriage are so special, and I never want to forget them. 

7. Tempurpedic Pillow

Bed Bath & Beyond

Ever since I was a teenager, I've had neck and shoulder pains on the regular, mostly due to damp or changing weather. I've always been the type of person to need a thin, soft pillow. But, my husband swears by his Tempurpedic firm pillow and, honestly, it does wonders every time I use it. So, this is something I'd like to invest in in the future. 

8. Running Shoes

Nike
As previously mentioned, I want to get back (or start TBH) into fitness and exercise (I say this as I eat white chocolate chips by the handful). I do not own any type of running shoe, I only have flats and boots. I went to Zumba with my best girl a few weeks ago (loved it!) and did it shoeless because I had nothing appropriate to wear, haha. That being said, it might be a good idea for me to have at least one kind of running shoe in my collection. It doesn't necessarily have to be Nike's or anything (if someone wants to bless me, though, I won't say no) but these ones are super cute.

9. Groove Scalp Massager

Vanity Planet
I'm very lazy with massaging my scalp when I'm washing my hair. My excuse is that my hair is really heavy and I have weak arms (I told you, I don't work out). I watched this girl on YouTube use this product a few years ago and it still piques my interest. I'd love to try it!

10. Something Indulgent I Totally Don't Need: iPad Mini

Apple
The title says it all. In no universe do I need an iPad Mini. But this has been on my wish list since I started undergrad when I was trying to decide whether to get a MacBook for school, or do it all on an iPad (p.s. get the computer). I'll go to my grave with this on my wish list knowing full well my life wouldn't have changed at all whether I got it or not. So there you have it. 


I hope this list gave you some ideas on what to ask friends and family for Christmas, or gave you inspiration on what to buy others! Christmas is soon approaching, and it's always hard to think of what to get everyone.

Comment what items are on your wish list and/or what you like to get for others!





Post a Comment