SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 29 December 2017

2018 Starter Pack (FREE Printables!)



Incredible. 2018 is just days away! First off I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas full of love, joy and FOOD! You know food is the best part of celebrating anything, right? ;)


Every year, preparing for Christmas is such a blur that once it's over, we can't believe that the New Year is a week away! We small talk about how quickly 2017 went by and read tweets about how this year was awful, and that next year is going to be the year (which we've been saying since 1587, btw). Stores start bringing out their fitness products because 80% of the world creates health related resolutions and go strong until February 1st when the gyms are empty again.

Basically, the end of year makes a lot of people think about New Year's Resolutions. Now, I'm not a huge resolutions fan because they have such a negative connotation. People set resolutions in a very lighthearted manner because no one really expects them to live up to them. I've even heard clients say they don't believe in them, or never set them because they're not serious.

Goals, however, are a different story. Goals can be daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or entire life spans. Goals have a positive connotation, something that people strive for in a more concrete way. You may think this is a "You say tomatoes, I say to-mah-toes" concept, but language can be very powerful. That said, today we are talking about our goals for 2018!

...But first, in order to have goals for the future, you have to look at what's been established in the past.

Year In Review

Like I said before, I'm not a huge resolution person and I don't typically set any. My personality is a bit of a coaster, I'm not terribly ambitious and am happy to go along with where my life leads. But now that I don't live with my parents and my life is no longer driven by them, per say, I have to be more proactive about what I want to do and where I want to be in life. 

Something that doesn't make sense to me is, although I have relatively 'go-with-the-flow' personality...I'm a worrier. Worriers know that they spend most of their time stressing about things that could go wrong, not things that have gone well. Essentially, worriers are future thinkers but in a negative way. They don't typically take time to reflect on the past and think rationally about how things could go well in the future. 

So, today I'm going to reflect on all the goals that I accomplished this year and apply these truths so that I can have a beautiful and positive outlook for 2018!

My 2017 Goals

1. Get married
2. Graduate university
3. Get a full-time job in my field
4. Not die living on my own and being a wife 
5. Grow spiritually


This year I was able to accomplish 4/5 of my goals. Not bad for a minimally ambitious person, don't you think? You chuckle at #4, but I cried real tears coming back from our honeymoon because I was so worried about transitioning into living on my own and being a wife. Fear of the unknown is a serious thing, people. Happy to report, I survived :).

Anyways, the goal that I haven't checked off the list is #3, getting a full-time job in my field. I studied social work and if any of you know social services...it's not the easiest field to get into. I'm working on it, I promise, but job hunting is by far THE WORST. It's incredibly boring and particularly discouraging when you rarely hear back. I graduated in May and enjoyed a full two weeks of joy and pride from my accomplishment and promptly became despaired at not having a full time job. After two weeks. Can my mind let me live? I have to continually remind myself to enjoy the time between graduation and full time work, because once it starts it never ends (until retirement, of course!). 

Sometimes people feel like their goals need to be grandiose and difficult to accomplish, but they don't have to be. My first goal was pretty well guaranteed to happen unless something catastrophic happened. I like to cross things off of lists, okay?

I felt so thankful after reflecting on this past year, and realized I was a lot more accomplished than I may have felt at the moment. I encourage you to think about this year (even if you feel it was bad!) and list all the great things that happened and brainstorm about the things that you could do better next year. 


FREE STUFF ALERT
Get a Year In Review printable at the end of this post!

Looking Ahead

Now that we've thought about the past, it's time to get excited about the future! The world is your oyster, the possibilities are endless, do you boo-boo! 

Take a second to think about what you'd like to accomplish this year. Like I said before, it could be something relatively guaranteed, or it could be something that you could truly make happen this year. Try not to write anything too drastic, lest you end up discouraged and stop making goals altogether! 

Here are my goals for 2018

1. Get a full-time job in my field
2. Continue to grow spiritually
3. Start earning money from my blog
4. Become more efficient when I cook (basically, multi-tasking)
5. Drink. More. WATER. (already doing good so far)


I'm excited for what this year is going to bring, honestly. One of my favourite quotes that I'm trying to challenge myself to live by is:

Source


Worry and fear go together, and this year I'm going to be intentional about facing those fears. If I can do it, you can do it!

The Goods

Now, you've done well going through all this jibber-jabber when all you really wanted was the free stuff! 


I love you guys and I'm excited for what this year will hold for you! Click the link below to download the New Year's bundle including a Year In Review, a minimal goal worksheet and a detailed goal worksheet. 







Enjoy these printables!







7 comments :

  1. Love these printables so much! They fit perfectly in my planner! Can't wait to see what other ones you'll have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! So sorry I couldn't comment on this before, for some reason it wasn't displaying! Thank you for downloading them, I'm so glad they fit!!

      Delete
  2. Loving the printables and the minimalist style - what is the handwritten font? So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! The handwritten font is called 'Taken by Vultures'!

      Delete
  3. I appreciate this article for the well-looked into substance and phenomenal wording. I got so associated with this Bond cleaning Southern suburbs | End of lease House cleaning | End of lease cleaning Botany | End of lease cleaning Mascot that I couldn't quit perusing. I am dazzled with your work and expertise. Much thanks to you to such an extent. Respects,

    ReplyDelete
  4. An obligation of appreciation is all together for giving such supportive information. I am especially fascinated with your article the Carpet cleaning Alexandria | Carpet steam cleaning Balmain | Carpet cleaning Balmain | Carpet steam cleaning Surry hills | Carpet cleaning Surry hills and I am happy that I am connected with your site.thanks! Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very pleased that I was able to check out your blog. Very well written, conducted a thorough research and provided a lot of information. pest control Bilgola

    ReplyDelete