SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 23 March 2018

What I Eat in A Week


Hey! Hope you're all doing well. Today's post is gonna be short, but sweet (or should I say savoury and delicious!). I'm going to be sharing with you what I eat in a week. Although this, mind you, may be more appropriate entitled 'What I Ate Some Week' or 'What I Ate This Week'. 

You've all seen those YouTube videos where people seem to have impeccable, healthy meals at all times and, girl, ain't nobody got time for that! 

I love food and enjoy seeing what other people eat on a regular or sometimes basis. Last week I had a lot of veggies on hand as well as fruit (thanks MIL!), so it was fun to increase our F&V intake.
Again, I want to say that I don't eat like this all the time. I also want to note that these won't all be one particular meal (like dinner), but rather a mix of them all. But I hope you can get some inspiration from what I share here!

Monday.



Now this is obviously not what I had for dinner, but I didn't snap a picture of it! Monday is typically leftover pasta night, because every Sunday is Pasta Sunday in our house! 

We love having a filling and comforting meal on Sundays between church services because that's typically the only meal we have until late evening. 

Like I mentioned before my MIL blessed us with a myriad of fruit so we decided to make a platter and snack on it while we sat in bed and watched our shows (Currently loving Bones and Cardo watches Live P.D.). 

Tuesday.



Tuesday meant it was time to make a fresh meal. How gorgeous is this bowl? I was feeling something fresh and crisp, and since we had lots of veggies we decided to have a Mediterranean bowl. 

Mediterranean Bowl Layering

  • Arugula base
  • Couscous
  • White kidney beans
  • Chickpeas
  • Sweet Peppers (I used red and yellow this time)
  • Tomatoes
  • Chicken breast (Sat in greek marinade for 3 hours)
  • Feta Cheese
  • Homemade (or store bought) Greek Dressing

Trust me, this is a great recipe to have on cycle if you're trying to add more veg to your diet. The beans and chickpeas make it super filling alongside the chicken and couscous. You could totally eliminate the meat and be just as full! 

There's so many ways to make this your own. 
Happy eating!

Wednesday.


As basic as basic could be. I'm actually not one to have avocado toast very often, but MIL did add an avo in her gift basket to us so this is what I decided to do with it! 

I just mashed up the avocado with salt and pepper, spread it on a piece of white toast and sprinkled it with red pepper flakes. 

To be honest, I wasn't too satisfied with this dish, but I think it's because my basic avocado toast skills are a bit rusty. 

We were running late to church, so I just had a quick bite to eat to tide me over until after!


After we got back home, I whipped up a quick veggie chow mein. We had bought some fresh cabbage, green onion and carrot sticks so it was a breeze to put this together. 

I love incorporating asian flavours into our weekly meals. It's probably the cuisine we gravitate towards the most besides 'Canadian' dishes. 

Thursday.


Thursday I used some leftover rotisserie chicken that we had and made a glorified grilled cheese with wedge fries! 

The picture says it all, I love making sandwiches like this because they are so tasty! 

Don't let your sandwiches be boring, they are so versatile!

Friday.


Friday night is date night in our household, and we just got a new BBQ! We excitedly put it together and Ricardo rushed out to the store to get a propane tank and all the fixings we'd need to have our first burger since we got married (almost 10 months ago!). 

Yes, there is not a blade of grass to be seen outside, but luckily we have a deck that made it possible to grill in the middle of Canadian winter, haha.

We roasted sweet peppers, onions and fresh green beans on the grill and, man, it was glorious to have a taste of summer after such a long and arduous season. 

I also made a quick side salad to go with it!

Our go-to salad

  • Arugula or baby spinach
  • Croutons
  • Sliced almonds (or whatever nut you have on hand)
  • Cranberries (sometimes blueberries/strawberries if you have them!)
  • Feta Cheese (optional)
  • Popyseed dressing 

Saturday


Saturday morning Ricardo was out so I made a lovingly romantic breakfast for one ;)

Saturday morning breakfast has always had a special place in my heart and I love to make the extra effort to really pamper myself. 

I had some regular toaster waffles with a bowl of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. I cut up a petite watermelon to have as well (which was oh-so-sweet!). 

This truly was an extremely basic and simple breakfast, but was so beautiful and enjoyable with just a few fresh fruits! 


I hope what I ate in a week inspired you to have fun and enjoy food! What do you like to eat in a week?





  




















1 comment :

  1. What a healthy diet full of fruits and raw veggies and looks very tempting at the same time. I have also made a diet plan and Sunday is for cheat meal. liked your mediterranean pie recipe as well and nice blog.

    ReplyDelete