SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 2 March 2018

How to Organize Your Handbag



Keeping a clutter-free purse may be one of the most difficult most irritating things I've tried to do. No matter how selective you are about what you put in it, somehow 28 receipts, gum pack foil and probably an entire granola mix end up at the bottom of your handbag. In a matter of days. How on earth are you supposed to keep it clean? Let me show you!


About My Bag

@blog.missylisha
My purse is a structured tote bag that I picked up from Winners. It's beautiful and it was dirt cheap ($34.99). It's a medium size and has that simple gold hardware look that I love.  

Now, this bag is already equipped with organization in mind because it has two large zipped portions. That alone has helped me to separate what's in my purse and organize it relatively well. 

Looks pretty good, you say...but anyone whose ever had a medium-large tote bag knows that 96% of your time is spent digging like a mad woman for something inside. I've even LOST stuff in this thing for A WEEK only to discover it.was.always.there. How? HOW?

So...What's In My Bag?

What could possibly even be in there that I could lose something for a week?



Well friends, this is it. A bunch of random crap that for some reason is ALWAYS needed when I take it out. 

We've got glasses, hand sanitizer, keys, wallet, Lactaid (essentials), tampons, pills, eye drops, lip balm, gum, pens...the whole works. 

Basically, I had a whole bunch of little things. I realized that having the two separate pockets just wasn't enough to easily find what I was looking for and I needed something to contain the smaller items.

The Solution


I found a pack of 7 travel packing envelopes on sale for $13.00 at Winners and used the three smallest ones to perfectly organize my small items. 

We went from

This...



...TO THIS!




Everything is perfectly compacted and organized. Most importantly, everything is easy to find. I divided my items into three categories

1. Health & Pharmacy: Here I put all my feminine hygiene products, medication, band-aids, etc.
2. Beauty: Here I put hand sanitizer, lip balm, hair ties and bobby pins
3. Body Care: I didn't know what to name this category, but I put my mints, gum, body spray, eye drops and contact lens solution in this pouch. I also put my pens because they fit nicely in this bag.

Final Thoughts


Now my purse is beautiful on the outside AND on the inside. I love the clutter-free look and appreciate that I can see through all of the compartments for exactly what I'm looking for.

The envelopes aren't bulky or heavy and are easily wiped off if any spills occur.

This method is super inexpensive and effective. You should totally try it!








2 comments :

  1. I definitely needed to read this i have so many things in different bags i never seem to have what i actually need. With getting a new bag and wallett/wristlet this is now a new task at hand aha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know it's so easy for things to get out of hand! Crazy how such a 'small' bag could become so chaotic so fast. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete